Having tried this delicious meal at Sydney’s Alpha Restaurant, I decided to give it a go. It’s a very healthy dish and tastes as good as it looks.
- 4 cleaned legs of large octopus
- 1 packet white beans (375gm)
- 500 grams baby spinach
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- white vinegar
- olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste
(Soak beans overnight in cold water)
- Rinse beans and place in saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to boil and allow to cook for about an hour and a half on medium heat.
- Use another saucepan and add one cup of water, with a pinch of sea salt. Bring to boil.
- Add 4 cleaned legs of octopus and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Place lid and allow to cook on low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- Chop up white onion and garlic.
- When beans are cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet and add olive oil to cover base. Cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add white beans and cook for extra 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Add 3 tablespoons of white vinegar and sea salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add octopus stock into spinach and beans, allow to simmer until juices reduce.
- Heat a grilling pan and cook octopus a couple more minutes on each side and cut into pieces (about 4cm long).
- Place octopus on top of spinach and beans, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.