Karidata are delicious Greek “no bake” cookies, which taste absolutely amazing and also make for great edible gifts.
This is a recipe that has been in our family for many generations and we just added a few sweet little bows on top, for that extra gorgeous Christmas touch.
- 250 x grams crushed walnuts
- 100 x grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 250 x grams sugar
- 100 x ml water
- 200 x grams organic honey
- 1 x tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 60 x grams dark cooking chocolate
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1/3 x cup rosewater
- In a large bowl add crushed walnuts, cinnamon and breadcrumbs. Mix well with wooden spoon and set aside.
- In a saucepan add water, sugar and bring to a boil. Add honey and chocolate and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Pour syrup mixture into dry ingredients bowl and mix until all ingredients are very well combined.
- Begin shaping each cookie into long triangles making them look like Christmas trees. In between making each cookie, wet hands with rosewater, which makes it easier and gives it a nice aroma.
- Place on serving tray and dust with icing sugar.