BAKED FISH & VEGETABLES- PSARI PLAKI
This wholesome Greek dish is one of my favourite fish recipes, as not only is it extremely tasty- it’s also super easy to prepare.
I have used a whole snapper with potatoes, carrots, sweet potato and celery, however you can experiment and adapt this oven baked recipe using any whole fish of your choice and can also add capsicum, zucchini and eggplant.
The fish is laid flat and cooked in a traditional sauce of fresh tomatoes, garlic, spanish onion, shallots, parsley, olive oil, white wine and fresh lemon juice, however you can also add herbs such as basil or oregano.
- 1 x large whole snapper, cleaned and scored
- 5 x large desiree potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 x sweet potato, peeled & sliced
- 2 x stems of celery chopped
- 1 x large carrot, peeled & sliced
- 4 x large tomatoes, grated
- 2 x large Spanish onions
- 3 x cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 x lemon, juiced
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place fish in a large baking dish and place the potatoes, sweet potato, carrots and celery around it.
- Pour over the onions, shallots, garlic, parsley, tomatoes and mix thoroughly with your hands, allowing flavours to blend throughout dish.
- Pour over olive oil, white wine, water, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with baking paper and aluminium foil and cook fish for 1 and half hours or until fish is cooked.