BAKED VEGETABLES & ORZO (KRITHARAKI)
Simple, healthy and tasty is what we want from most of our weekday dishes and today’s baked vegetable and Orzo (kritharaki) recipe is just that!
You can add any vegetables you like, but of course whatever is fresh and in season is always best!
- 3 x zucchinis
- 1/4 x pumpkin
- 1 x sweet potato
- 3 x desiree potatoes
- 1 x red capsicum
- 1 x small eggplant
- 3 x tomatoes
- 1 x Spanish onion
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 250 x grams Orzo
- 1 x cup olive oil
- 4 x cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop all vegetables into rustic size pieces, place in a large baking dish.
- Grate tomatoes on top of vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in olive oil and 1 x cup water. Mix together, using your hands.
- Cover with baking paper and aluminium foil and place in 200 degrees (preheated) oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Take dish out of oven, place Orzo in the centre of vegetables and add remaining water. Stir with wooden spoon.
- Place back in the oven (without covering) for another 20 minutes, or until Orzo is cooked through.