CHICKEN, LEEK, FRESH TOMATO & RISONI SOUP
Winter is fast approaching in Sydney, which means there will be lots of soups cooked in our kitchen over the next few months!
This simple, hearty and comforting recipe is absolutely delicious and healthy for all the family- you only need a few ingredients and one pot!
- 300 grams free range chicken breast, chopped
- 3 x fresh tomatoes, grated
- 1 x Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 x leek, chopped
- 1 x cup risoni
- 1/4 x cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 x litres water
- Place olive oil in a large pot and add onion and chicken. Saute on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add leek, grated tomatoes and water. Stir for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and allow to cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Add risoni and cook for another 30 minutes on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.