DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Rich and indulgent handmade truffles are a delicious sweet treat that can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
Truffles are especially popular around Christmas time as they make for a lovely gift that can be shared amongst family and friends.
Here is an easy recipe we found years back and put our own little “Nutella” twist on it, however you can add any liqueur, herb or spice of your choice.
We also used cocoa powder, coconut flakes and crushed pistachios to coat our truffles, but you can also try hazelnuts, almonds, sprinkles, icing sugar or any other coating you fancy.
This recipe makes around 20 small sized truffles.
- 220 grams dark quality chocolate (we use Lindt 70% cocoa)
- 200 ml pure cream
- 1 tablespoon of Nutella
- coconut flakes, cocoa powder and crushed pistachios for coating
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Put cream in a small pot over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Pour cream over the chocolate and also add the spoon of Nutella.
- Stir until all the chocolate has melted and is completely smooth.
- Cover with cling wrap and pop in the fridge for about 2 hours to set.
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to make the truffles, pull the bowl out of the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Place your coatings in bowls and begin scooping out the truffles with a spoon and roll them in to a ball.
- Cover them lightly with cocoa powder, coconut and pistachios.