FIDES- GREEK ANGEL HAIR
For all our fussy little eaters out there- Fides (Greek angel hair) always seems to be a winner with the tiny ones.
It can be made plain with olive oil, in a homemade tomato sauce, or you can add chicken, or vegetables.
Our recipe includes meat and vegetables, which is packed high in protein and vitamins and makes about 4 x soup bowls.
- 100 x grams chuck steak, chopped
- 1 x carrot, grated
- 1 x zucchini, grated
- 2 x tomatoes, grated
- 1/2 x onion, chopped
- 2 x cups Fides (Greek angel hair)
- 3 x cups water
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Add olive oil into a saucepan and allow to heat.
- Place chopped onion and meat into saucepan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, water and salt and stir.
- Cover with lid and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add Fides, cook for another 15 minutes and stir occasionally (add a bit more water if it becomes too thick).