GRAPE SWEET SPOON
Spoon sweets are fantastic desserts, as you can make and store them for months in sterilised jars, which means you always have a delicious homemade treat on hand.
Today we share our family recipe for grape sweet spoon, which tastes amazing with a dollop of ice cream or yoghurt and sprinkled with almonds.
- 1 kilo seedless grapes
- 500 grams white sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- almonds to serve (optional)
- Remove grapes from stem and wash thoroughly.
- Place sugar and water in a large pot over high heat and bring to full boil (about 10 minutes).
- Add your grapes and reduce heat to medium and cook for about an hour, uncovered and stir occasionally.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla sugar, stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for an hour.
- Spoon into sterilised jars with airtight lids and store away from heat.
- Serve with almonds, yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.