GREEK POTATO CROQUETTES
Slightly crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside- our homemade Greek croquettes are absolutely delightful in taste and flavour.
We added carrot, parsley, onion, tomato and Feta to ours, however you can also include any other grated vegetable or cheese of your choice.
Our recipe makes about 20 pieces.
- 6 x medium potatoes
- 1 x tomato, grated
- 1 x carrot, grated
- 1/2 x onion, very finely chopped
- 1/3 x cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 x cup Feta, chopped
- 2 x eggs, whisked
- 1 x cup bread crumbs, for coating
- 1 x cup plain flour, for coating
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil, for frying
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Place in boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook for 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Strain potatoes and allow to cool.
- Place cooked potatoes into large bowl and begin mashing with potato masher or fork.
- Add carrot, parsley, tomato, onion, Feta, one egg, salt and pepper to mashed potatoes and mix together with wooden spoon, till well combined.
- Begin rolling mixture into small, round balls.
- Place whisked egg, flour and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Cover each croquette well with flour, then dip into egg and finally roll into the breadcrumbs.
- Once you have completed this process for each, place them all on a tray and put in fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
- When ready, add olive oil to fry pan and place on high heat. Once it’s well heated, lower heat and begin frying your croquettes in small batches for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil and repeat until all croquettes are cooked.