We believe nothing beats homemade cooking- even when it comes to pizza!
Here is our delicious homemade Margherita recipe because we also believe simple is sometimes the best!
- 300 x grams all purpose flour
- 250 x ml lukewarm water
- 4 x grams yeast
- pinch of salt
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 3 x tomatoes, grated
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1 x teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mozzarella cheese, for sprinkling
- Place flour and yeast in a bowl and stir.
- Make a hole in the centre of flour and add water, salt and olive oil.
- Knead the mixture with your hands, until you get a smooth like dough. If it seems too loose, sprinkle with some flour, or if too dry add some more warm water.
- Place cling wrap over bowl and allow to sit for about 40 minutes for dough to rise.
- In the meantime, add all your sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes so sauce thickens. Set aside for it to cool.
- When dough is ready, place baking sheet on a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place dough on baking paper and form it into a round shape base.
- Pour over entire sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 220 degrees (preheated) oven for about 20 minutes or until pizza is a light golden brown.