HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM
We picked up quite a few punnets of strawberries the other day (250grams) for $1.99 at our local grocer and they were absolutely delicious!
It was a given that we would need to make some jam out of them and here we share our yummy, simple and not too sweet strawberry jam recipe with you.
You can store the jam in the fridge for up to 10 days and if you won’t think you will use it in time- you can either separate it into jars and give away- otherwise halve the ingredients.
- 500 x grams strawberries
- 6 x tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 x large lemon, squeezed
1. Wash and finely chop strawberries. Cut off and disregard green leaves.
2. Place chopped strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium size pot and begin stirring over medium heat for around 25 minutes or until it thickens into a jam like texture. Stir constantly.
3. Allow to cool and place in sterilised jar.