HOMEMADE TART WITH LEMON FLAVOURED POTATOES
Tis’ the season for entertaining and our homemade tart with lemon flavoured potatoes and oregano is the ideal starter for your guests.
Here is our family recipe, which is simple to make and will surely impress.
- 300 x grams all purpose flour
- 5 x grams dry yeast
- 1/4 x tablespoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 x tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x cup warm water
- 3 x potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 x lemon, juiced
- oregano, to sprinkle
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Place flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre and add salt, water and olive oil.
- Knead mixture with your hands, until you get a smooth like dough. If it seems too wet, sprinkle with some flour. If too dry, add more warm water.
- Place cling wrap over bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes, for dough to rise.
- In the meantime, place sliced potatoes in boiling water and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Once cool, add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix with hands.
- Place pastry on baking tray with baking sheet, which has been drizzled lightly with olive oil. Form pastry into a round shape.
- Begin placing potatoes on tart, slightly overlapping each piece of potato so you form a pretty pattern.
- Sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
- Fold in the edges of the pastry.
- Bake in 250 degrees preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until a light golden colour.