Tiramisu is a famous Italian dessert made with Savoiardi ladyfingers, which are soaked in a coffee and liqueur syrup, then richly coated with a delicious Marscapone cheese and cream filling.
Here is our simple and delicious recipe.
- 1 x cup boiled water
- 1 x cup raw caster sugar
- 2 x cups espresso coffee
- 1/3 x cup Tia Maria
- 900 ml x fresh thickened cream
- 1/2 x cup raw caster sugar
- 1 x tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 500 x grams marscapone cheese, softened
- 500 x grams Savoiardi ladyfinger biscuits
- milk chocolate
- dark chocolate
- Combine water and sugar in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon, till sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Make your espresso coffee and then add to water and sugar mixture.
- Place Tia Maria in bowl and stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add thickened cream, half cup of sugar and vanilla extract and mix with hand mixer for about 5 minutes, or till cream thickens.
- Add softened marscapone cheese and mix for another 2 minutes.
- One by one, gently dip each biscuit into your bowl filled with coffee and Tia Maria syrup. Allow to soak quickly, as you don’t want biscuits to go soggy. Place biscuit straight into your serving dish.
- Repeat process until entire base of dish is filled with soaked ladyfingers.
- Add half of the cheese filling over entire layer of biscuits and use a flat spatula to spread it smooth.
- Repeat another layer of biscuits being dipped into coffee syrup until second layer is complete.
- Add remaining cheese filling on top and spread the cream so it becomes smooth and even.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Before serving, grate milk chocolate over entire cake.
- Using a peeler, create dark chocolate swirls and also garish with blueberries and strawberries.