Kritharaki with Veal Osso Bucco
If you are looking for a quick alternative to a traditional Giouvetsi recipe (baked lamb with orzo) you should try our delicious stove cooked Kritharaki with Veal Osso Bucco.
You can of course use any meat of your choice and replace with chicken instead of red meat, however we do recommend pieces with bone, as it adds more flavour to the dish.
We also garnished our Kritharaki with Kefalograviera but Feta on top tastes just as good!
- 1 x kilo veal Osso Bucco
- 5 x ripe tomatoes
- 1 x Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 x tablespoon tomato puree
- 500 x grams Kritharaki (orzo)
- 1 x cup white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Kefalograviera, to garnish
- 1.5 x litres water
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add meat and sauté for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Add white wine, tomato paste, pureed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes on high heat, stirring frequently with wooden spoon.
- Cover saucepan, reduce to medium heat and allow to cook for 45 minutes.
- Lift lid and add water.
- Add Kritharaki and stir well.
- Allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly- as pasta sticks together very quickly.
- Serve with grated cheese.