LADOREVANI- DELICIOUS VEGAN & LENT CAKE
Ladorevani is a delicious vegan and lent cake featuring olive oil, semolina, fresh oranges, sugar and we also added cherries on top to give it a lovely festive feel!
Here is our simple recipe, which is ideal for the holiday season.
- 4 x cups fine semolina
- 4 x cups coarse semolina
- 4 x cups sugar, extra for sprinkling
- 2 x cups olive oil
- 7 x cups water
- 1 x cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 x teaspoons baking powder
- 1 x teaspoon vanilla sugar
- cherries, to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan add sugar, water and oil and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and slowly add in semolina, orange juice, zest, baking powder and vanilla sugar, mixing constantly with wooden spoon so it won’t stick.
- When semolina begins to unstick from pan, take off heat.
- Place mixture in large baking dish and flatten the top with spatula.
- Cut into diamond shapes and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in 180 degrees (preheated) oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and place fresh cherries on top.