LEMON CHICKEN & POTATOES
There is nothing better than a Sunday roast and this traditional Greek lemon chicken recipe never fails to impress the entire family.
It’s a simple and tasty dish that requires very little preparation but guarantees perfectly moist chicken and crispy potatoes- filled with delicious lemon, garlic and oregano flavours.
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 10 large desiree potatoes
- 200 grams pumpkin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash and clean the chicken. Place in the centre of a large baking dish and season well with salt and pepper.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and pumpkin into wedges. Place them around the chicken and pour water over the dish.
- Add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, toss it all together so flavours spread evenly.
- Cover with baking paper and aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour.
- Uncover dish and allow to cook for an extra 15-20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes look brown and crisp.