RIGATONI WITH HALLOUMI & MINT
If you are looking for a light and tasty pasta recipe, you should definitely try our delicious Rigatoni filled with Halloumi and mint mixture.
This is such a simple dish and we enjoy it drizzled with some olive oil, however you can also make a tomato or cream sauce to pour over your pasta.
- 500 x grams Rigatoni pasta
- 300 x grams Halloumi, grated
- 2 x eggs, whisked
- 1/2 x cup mint, finely chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil, extra for drizzling
- Place whisked eggs, grated Halloumi and chopped mint in a bowl. Add pepper and olive oil and stir till mixture is well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, place cheese mixture into each piece of pasta one by one. Place your hand under each piece of Rigatoni as you are adding in the mixture, so it doesn’t fall out and ensure you push in the cheese mixture with the tip of the spoon so entire pasta is filled.
- Add pasta into a large saucepan with boiling water, carefully placing in each piece.
- Cook on very low heat for about 25 minutes, or until water has completely reduced and pasta is cooked through.
- Place pasta in serving dish and drizzle with olive oil.