ROAST LEMON POTATOES (LEMONATIKES PATATES)
When having family or friends over for a casual BBQ, I love making these roast lemon potatoes as a side dish. This is one of the first recipes my Mum taught me and they are a always a hit with both my little and adult guests.
- 15 x desiree potatoes
- 2 x small carrots
- 300 grams pumpkin
- 1 x large sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 x lemons
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup water
- Peel potatoes and cut in quarters. Cut pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots.
- Squeeze 2 lemons.
- Place potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin and garlic in large baking dish.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, oil and water. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle with oregano.
- Cover with baking paper and aluminium foil. Place in preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 1.5 hours.
- Uncover dish and reduce heat to 150 degrees. Cook for another 20 minutes or till slightly crisp.