Pavlova is a traditional Australian Christmas dessert, as it’s a delicious and refreshing summer sweet that can be garnished with a variety of fresh fruits.
We love this rustic style version, which you can also decorate with strawberries, figs, pomegranate, raspberries or any other seasonal fruits of your choice.
- 6 free range eggs
- 350 grams caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons corn flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 375 grams pure cream
- dark chocolate
- Place egg whites in a large clean bowl and whisk them until they form firm peaks.
- Add 300 grams sugar, corn flour, pinch of salt and vanilla extract and whisk on high speed for about 8 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the meringue mixture in the centre and shape it into a circle.
- Place in the oven for about an hour on 150 degrees celsius or until it looks slightly browned.
- Whip cream with 50 grams of caster sugar for about 5 minutes or until it forms soft peaks and spoon mixture on to the meringue.
- Place cherries, blackberries and blueberries on the cream.
- Grate some dark chocolate over your pavlova and serve.