SAUTEED OKRA WITH FRESH TOMATOES & ONION
Okra (bamies in Greek) are full of nutrients and vitamins, including protein, zinc, potassium, magnesium, folate and calcium.
Here is our fresh and flavoursome sautéed okra with fresh tomatoes and onion, which you can whip up in less than 30 minutes!
- 500 x grams okra
- 1 x white onion, chopped
- 3 x ripe tomatoes, grated
- 1/2 x cup white vinegar
- 1/2 x cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the okra and trim pointy ends off.
- Place okra in bowl and cover with cold water. Add vinegar and allow to soak for 2 minutes.
- Drain, pat dry and set okra aside.
- Add olive oil in pan and allow to heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Take sautéed onion out of pan and place on a dish.
- Add okra into pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onions back in with grated tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir and allow to cook for 20 minutes on low to medium heat (stirring a few times). Place in serving dish and serve.