STRING BEANS IN A RICH OLIVE OIL & FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
Deciding what to cook for dinner each night can be quite the challenge!
Our healthy and easy, string beans with baby potatoes and zucchinis in a fresh tomato sauce is a very popular vegetarian Greek dish (fasolakia ladera) that is also a one pot wonder!
The key ingredient to this recipe is the olive oil, which is at the heart of all good Greek cooking.
- 1 x kg string beans, washed & ends trimmed
- 8 x baby potatoes, peeled & halved
- 2 x zucchinis, washed & chopped
- 5 x ripe Roma tomatoes, blended into sauce
- 1 x Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 x cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 x cup olive oil
- 2 x cups water
- Add oil to large saucepan and add string beans. Saute for two minutes.
- Add fresh tomato sauce, onion and garlic and saute for another few minutes.
- Add potatoes, zucchini, water, salt and pepper and stir.
- Lower heat to medium and allow to cook with lid on, for 50 minutes or until beans are tender and water has reduced. Stir frequently.