SWEET & SIMPLE MILK PIE
Galopita is a creamy semolina based milk pie that is baked until golden brown and sprinkled with cinnamon, giving it a deliciously irresistible texture and taste.
Here is our family recipe that is quick, easy and definitely a crowd pleaser!
This dessert can be eaten warm or cold and make sure to place in the fridge, if kept for the next day.
- 7 x eggs, whisked
- 3 x cups caster sugar
- 2 x litres milk
- 2 x cups fine semolina
- 1 x tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 125 x grams unsalted butter (extra for greasing)
- 1 x tablespoon lemon juice
- ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and lightly grease baking dish.
- In a large saucepan heat milk with butter until it boils, stir frequently.
- Add sugar, beaten eggs, semolina, lemon juice and vanilla sugar and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens, this takes about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Bake for one hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Take out of oven and allow to slightly cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, cut and serve.