TIGANITES- GREEK MINI PANCAKES
There is nothing more special than Yiayia’s cooking and one of our favourite snacks “made with love” by Yiayia are her yummy Tiganites, which is the Greek mini version of pancakes.
There is no added sugar in this recipe and you can eat them drizzled with honey, sugar, jam, cheese or any topping of your choice!
- 2x cups plain flour
- 1/2 x lemon, juiced
- 2 x cups water
- 1 x egg
- 1 x teaspoon salt
- olive oil, for frying
- Pour flour, lemon juice, egg, water and salt into a large bowl and whisk together till all ingredients are well combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Cover with cling wrap and allow to set for 15 minutes or until bubbles form.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and pour in enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the batter into hot oil. Allow space between each and fry in batches of about 5 at a time.
- Allow them to cook until a nice light golden brown and make sure to flip on both sides.
- Place on paper towel to absorb oil and repeat till batter is complete.
- Serve warm with topping of your choice.